Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Punk pioneer McLaren to be buried on Thursday

LONDON (Reuters) – British punk pioneer Malcolm McLaren's funeral will be held in London on Thursday, his son said on Monday. The former manager of the 1970s punk band Sex Pistols and ex-partner of fashion designer Vivienne Westwood died earlier this month aged 64 of a rare form of cancer.

"In celebration of Malcolm's life we are asking people to observe a minute of mayhem at midday on 22nd April," his son Joseph Corre said on the website of human rights charity Humanade, which he supports.

Corre, also founder of the Agent Provocateur lingerie brand, added: "Put on your favorite records and let it RIP!"

McLaren's funeral cortege will travel through the streets of northern London en route to his final resting place, previously announced as Highgate Cemetery.

(Reporting by Mike Collett-White, editing by Paul Casciato)

2 comments:


  1. I have been following up with your article for some weeks back now and I see that all your articles are helpful. Lately, I can remember that I was searching on how I can do something which has been finding it difficult to do. And when I visited your website and I saw exactly what I have been looking for, thanks for your help.
    I will be bookmarking your website link to my browser, to visit your site for more updates.

    ReplyDelete