Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Candid Candace

SEX AND THE CITY writer Candace Bushnell may maintain "I'm not Carrie Bradshaw" but the author has plenty in common with her most famous creation - including the low-maintenance way she selected her wedding dress.

"Two days before, I ran in to the store, tried it on, it fitted and I bought it," she revealed - just like Carrie who wore a simple vintage suit when she eventually married Mr Big. "I don't like to fuss."

But whilst Carrie knew her Mr Big was "the One" for six long series - and a film - before marrying him, Bushnell married husband Charles Askegard after only eight weeks together, saying she knew he was right for her because "it felt easy", eight years ago.

And as for one of the issues uppermost on her character Samantha Jones' mind - plastic surgery - Bushnell is open-minded.

"Oh Botox, sure!" she told the Sunday Times. "Plastic surgery? I haven't had it yet...but I may."

No comments:

Post a Comment